Summary Of Our Privacy Statement
The following summarizes our Privacy Statement. For more detail, refer to the full Privacy Statement below. Refer to the Table of Contents to link directly to any section.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We collect various information in different ways including:
- Directly when you buy a product from us. Information collected may include name, address and other important identifying information, and
- From other parties to help us set up, manage, protect or service your account, such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, and data providers.
Use of Your Personal Information. We use your information for many different reasons, including to:
- Provide and maintain your account, and products,
- Perform analytics and research to improve and develop our websites, services and products,
- Let you know about updates or important information about your products, and
- Protect our business, services, customers, websites or comply with legal requirements.
Sharing Your Personal Information. We share your information with others for business purposes, including with:
- Our affiliates,
- Companies that are involved in insurance or other business transactions,
- Our authorized agents,
- Service providers,
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction, and
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons.
Your Rights as a California Resident: As a California resident, you have certain rights including the right to access your personal information and the right to request deletion of your personal information. To learn more about these rights including how to make a request, refer to the full Privacy Statement below.
Full Privacy Statement
Use the Table of Contents to link directly to a specific section or scroll down to read the full Privacy Statement.
- Summary Of Our Privacy Statement
- Full Privacy Statement
- Information We Collect And How We Collect It
- Use Of Your Personal Information
- Sharing Your Information
- Your California Privacy Rights And Choices
- Other Available Choices
- Links And External Sites
- Changes To Our Privacy Statement
Information We Collect And How We Collect It
We collect information about you in several different ways. For example, we collect information directly from you when you buy a product from us, set up an account with us, or during the quoting, registering, application, or claims handling processes. We and service providers working on our behalf collect information from you when you engage with us. We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as consumer reporting agencies, service providers, and data providers.
The following are the categories of personal information that we may have collected and shared about you and examples of the information that fall into those categories:
Our website is not intended for children. We do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen.
Use Of Your Personal Information
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including:
- Provide and maintain your services and products. We may use your personal information to provide or maintain your service or products including to set up a service or provide a product, maintain your account, service your policy, change your policy, handle a claim, complete a transaction, or respond to customer service requests or other inquiries.
- Improve, develop and analyze our services and products. We use your personal information using algorithms, analytics software and other similar methods to analyze, improve, develop or deliver our products and services and develop new services, products or features. We also use your information to conduct actuarial or research studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers.
- Communicate with you about your service or product. We may communicate with you about your product or service, account or policy, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email or other available methods.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your information to comply with laws, regulations or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network and our Sites.
- Update or correct our records. We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly-available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that information with other information we have about you to update our records. For example, we may obtain change of address information from public sources and use that information to update or correct your address information.
Sharing Your Information
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with our affiliates for business purposes consistent with the uses described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy. We may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
We may also share your personal or other information with third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
- Companies that are involved in insurance and other business transactions: We share your personal information with other insurance companies that play a role in an insurance transaction with you such as independent claims adjusters, and other claims related companies. We may also share your personal information to participate in insurance support organizations.
- Our authorized agents or brokers: Our authorized agents or brokers: North Light operates through agents and brokers who sell our products on our behalf. We may share your personal information with those agents or brokers to provide you with the products you've requested. They may use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement.
- Service providers: Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose including providers that:
- help complete transactions, handle a claim or service your policy,
- engage in credit reporting or payment processing,
- provide tax and accounting, legal services, delivery, and data enhancement services,
- provide technology services and enhance security, privacy and fraud protections,
- provide analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies, and
- provide support to our operations.
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement or other public authorities,
- protect our or others safety, rights or property, and
- investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
Your California Privacy Rights And Choices
California residents have certain rights to access and delete their personal information described in this section, as well as other rights described below. You will be able to submit these requests starting January 1, 2020.
To better protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide certain information, which we will only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
To submit an access or deletion request, please click here to submit an online request or call us at 1-800-624-4419. Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period.
Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
- the categories of personal information collected about consumers,
- the specific pieces of personal information we have about you,
- the categories of sources from where personal information was collected,
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request we delete the personal information we collected, with certain exceptions. We will delete your personal information in response to a verifiable request unless needed for the following:
- To complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities,
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality,
- Exercise free speech ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law,
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us,
- Comply with a legal obligation, including compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, or
- Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination Rights: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your California privacy rights.
Other Rights under California Law
Rights as an insurance customer: If you have insurance services and products with us, there may be additional rights available to access or correct your data, or to make a request regarding the sharing of your personal information with affiliates. Please refer to the Privacy Statement associated with your insurance product or service for more information.
Other Available Choices
Notifications and Other Preferences: If you use My Account, you can also manage email and other notifications and preferences via the Profile and Settings link.
Links And External Sites
Links to other company's websites may be provided on the North Light Site as a convenience to you. If you choose to go to these external websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices of those external websites; North Light is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site to read the privacy policies or statements of every Website you visit, as those privacy policies or statements may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to the Sites where this Privacy Statement appears.
You may be able to access your policy information by registering for My Account on www.allstate.com. Please see the privacy statement posted on allstate.com for the privacy practices relating to My Account.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or "hacker proof." So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
Changes To Our Privacy Statement
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The date at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.